Wednesday, May 20, 2009

To work in a traditional job or to stay home and develop
























AJ Adams asks for guidance with these words: I am at professional crossroads in life. I have gone back to college and obtained a degree, and while it is a very marketable, well-respected degree, I have little desire to work a traditional 9-5 job. While I am far from lazy, I feel no strong pull to engage in any work right now. I'd love to spend some years taking care of my family and developing myself. Problem is, our current financial situation demands I work.

I believe I am an old soul. It wouldn't surprise me to know my end calling (work) is in the line of helping people through metaphysical means (education, maybe even healing), but currently I am at a loss as to what to do. I have a business idea I could pursue (not sure how much time this would take me away from my family or if it would even be profitable), I could go to work in a traditional setting (feel suffocated), or I could stay home (I'd be happy, but this would handicap my family financially). Do you have any guidance? Thank you so much for your time and thoughts.


Blessed one. You are afraid. You are afraid to fail. You are afraid to radiate. You are afraid to be totally in all ways. You have created blocks and hurdles in every way. In some ways you fear success, yet you speak the words of what you want. It is true you are overwhelmed right now and very tired. And it would not be a bad thing to take some time--to heal, to be with yourself, to understand some of your actions and your great pursuit to attain certain things, and why when you achieve it you are somewhat afraid of it, you find that it isn’t quite enough.

Oh blessed one, just be still. See all that is with you. Understand that you could do any work to bring in money to help your family, if that what makes you happy. But you are, right now, so overwhelmed by many things, and so many experts, and so much information and people demanding—that you are afraid to let them all down. You are afraid to even speak your true heart.

This creates a state of discord within yourself, so and you won’t be able to make a clear decision on what you need to do. So why not choose some small, unimportant job. Don’t put all the emphasis on it at this time. If you need to feed your family, that is important to you. Do that. But I fear you are just choosing one burden for another. And so I make no choices for you, for this is a time when you need to just be still. Hear that that is growing within you of what you need to do. Know that there are many that will help you. Many.

Thank you. I’ll pass this information on.