Wednesday, April 30, 2008

About Jane

Here's some information that Jane created about her abilities and how they developed:

From as far back as I remember, I’ve had an awareness of a being that was with me--a gentle, calm presence who would talk to me when I was upset or confused. To me, it seemed normal. I thought that everyone had this awareness and could hear what their guides were saying. It wasn’t until I went to school that I realized other people did not see or hear what I did, so I began to keep quiet about it.

As a teenager, I played with my abilities, more as a parlor trick than anything else. I liked to tell people things about themselves that nobody else could know. Then my sister died and I began a search for my own truth. I began to read books, take classes, talk to psychics, and investigate everything I could find about spiritual understanding. People gave me a lot of rules and restrictions about contacting spirit entities, but my guide always told me there was nothing to fear. I know this with all my being: that nothing in spirit can harm you. The guides will never say anything destructive or harmful. Their words are always supportive and designed to create growth.

As my abilities developed I started to give a few people individual “readings.” During these sessions, I would receive impressions of their guides and would share this information. Sometimes, while I was doing these readings, I would experience an overwhelming feeling of losing touch with my body. Speaking would become difficult and I felt like I was falling or flying-- so I would immediately stop the process. One day a friend suggested that we go with it and see what might happen. I remember the beginning of that session and then nothing more. When I awoke and apologized for falling asleep, my friend told me that she had just had a conversation with an amazing being named Thomas. That was the beginning of channeling for me.

From that time on, I continued to explore and search. I formed study groups and healing circles and continued on this amazing journey. When I channel I begin by tuning in to the energies around the people that I am with. If the session is for an individual, I will see a few beings and hear their words. If it’s for a group, I’ll see a huge crowd of beings and feel their support and love. I take a deep breath, bringing light into every part of my body; I say my own little prayer and ask my guide to take care of me. Then it’s like flying away. I have no knowledge of the words that come through, but trust that they would be acceptable to me. When I return I feel calm and peaceful.

Sometimes I’m asked why I can do this when others are not able to. I believe it’s a talent—like having an artistic ability or perfect pitch. It comes more easily to some people, however we all have the capability to learn. If you would like to develop this ability, I would suggest searching out classes and reading books. Speak openly of your desire and you will be led in the direction that is right for you. How do you know if it’s right? Let your heart lead you. Listen within yourself for what resonates and feels true for you. We all have different ways of connecting with spirit.